Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pacifier Leash and Carry Bag

I am hereby declaring July Baby Gift month here at Craft Room Confidential.  A friend of mine is having a baby this month and my gift(s) to her are homemade of course.  Because I don't see her regularly, the fact that she was having a baby slipped my mind until the beginning of June.  Which meant I was looking for some quick and cute baby gift ideas to make.

craft room confidential

First up are these two cute and practical pacifier leashes along with a little carry bag for them from Sew 4 Home.

craft room confidential

I was able to make these with some of my scrap fabric which you may recognize from this project, or this one, or maybe this one.  Instead of using snaps, I opted to use velcro.  No particular reason why, especially considering I do have a snap tool.

craft room confidential

And instead of using cording (because I didn't want to buy any), I just cut a strip of fabric 7/8" wide.  (Well two actually and sewed them together to get one long strip 28" long.)  I sewed the long edges together with a small seam allowance and turned it inside out to create my own 'string'.

craft room confidential

I hope she gets a lot of use out of them.

Have a great weekend.

I am sharing at these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment