Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pillowcases {Operation Slumber Party}

I love to sew.  It's a great way to unleash my creative juices.  And if you give me a reason to sew, I love that even more.

Last month I came across a story about a local girl scout troop that was planning to make 1,000 pillowcases to be donated to the children's hospital.  {Read about Operation Slumber Party here.}  They were looking for volunteers to sew pillowcases for them.  I did not have to think twice about contributing to this cause.

So, I grabbed my Jo-Ann's coupons and headed out to pick out some fun fabric and proceeded to make ten pillowcases.

Yes, I know there are only 8 in this picture.  I only have 8 pillows.  The real question is why do I have 8 pillows for only 2 beds.
I used this pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting to make these pillowcases.


It uses the "burrito" method and the result is no raw edges which I really like.  And it is quick and easy.  Double bonus!


Here's a look at all ten pillowcases I made:




I will be dropping off my pillowcases this afternoon.  This was a project I really enjoyed doing.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These are so fun! My boys love homemade pillow cases! You have a fun selection of fabrics you used. I need to get busy and make some more! Thanks for the link to the pattern I will check it out :) I would love for you to link this up on Thursday @ Great Idea Thursday's http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com :) Krista

    ReplyDelete