Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pretty Crafty Apron

About two weeks ago, my sister sent me an email asking how busy it was in the craft room.  She wanted me to make her an apron that she could use while selling at craft shows.  Something with two pockets.  I told her I could do it and I even had a cute pattern in one of my books.  So she sent me fabric to make two aprons {she couldn't decide which she liked best.  I know the feeling.}  And last Saturday afternoon, I made these two cute aprons for her.



Can you guess what she sells at craft shows?  Homemade dog treats.  The cute fabric she choose is perfect for her business. 



I took the liberty of adding some fun polka dot fabric as an accent piece to one of the aprons. I had it in my fabric stash and it coordinated perfectly with her fabric.  I couldn't pass it up.


The pattern was from the book The New Handmade: Simple Sewing for Contemporary Style by Cassie Barden.  The aprons were a quick sew.  I made both in just a couple of hours.


Have a great afternoon and happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment