Sunday, October 14, 2012

{I Scream, You Scream} - Caramel Apple Ice Cream

So, I spent the entire month of September working on one project.  I finally finished the first part of it the first week of October.  It's a quilt so the next step was to send it off to be quilted.  

Instead of getting started on another project, I went to visit my parents in Iowa last weekend.  My mom and I headed east on Saturday to do some leaf peeping along the Mississippi River and then to Gays Mills, Wisconsin for some apples.  {Gays Mills calls itself the apple capital of Wisconsin.  I think there are seven orchards there and we stopped at three.}  The day was a little gray but there were still some very pretty fall scenes.  

Sunday was a picture perfect day.  I enjoyed a morning walk with my parents dog, Sasha.  We ended up detouring through the woods and along the Turkey River.  We didn't mean to go that way but I was drawn into the woods by the peacefullness of the leaves fluttering to the forest floor.  It was such a relaxing and beautiful scene.



This weekend I again have not made it into the craft room {Shame on me!  My project list is not getting any shorter at this rate.}  Instead, I am having apple fest in my kitchen thanks to the apples I picked up last weekend in Gays Mills.  

I was most excited to try out my new ice cream maker that my mom picked up on clearance for me at Wal-Mart.  {It's nothing fancy but what do you expect for $10.  If I have fun doing this, maybe someday I'll invest in something a little more upscale.}  I did some internet searching and decided on this Caramel Apple Ice Cream from Boulder Locavore.  {I love caramel apples.  I even bought two on our trip to Gays Mills.}

The ice cream didn't turn out perfect but it still tasted pretty good.  



It's a shame that I'm going to have to keep practicing my ice cream making skills - not!  I love ice cream and can't wait to make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment