Sunday, October 21, 2012

{Healthy Eating} - Turkey Sloppy Janes with Oven Fries

I am trying to keep potato chips and french fries out of my diet.  So far, so good.  But these oven fries are an exception.  They are easy to make, tasty, and dare I say it - healthy.



Here's how I make them:
Cut potatoes into matchsticks.  Soak the potatoes in cold water for 20 or so minutes.  Dry the potatoes and place in a bowl.  Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Spread in single layer on foil lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  Then enjoy!

I recently made oven fries along with these Turkey Sloppy Janes {recipe from Whole Foods Market} and some mixed greens.



{Disclaimer: I don't typically eat my sandwiches on hot dog buns.  But I had hot dog buns so that is what I ate.  I do however have a funny story about a potluck, sloppy joes and hot dog buns.  That is for another day though.}

The turkey sloppy janes are packed with veggies {are dates a fruit or veggie - I think fruit} and lean ground turkey.  Yum - very delicious and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment