Saturday, September 15, 2012

Magnetic Recipe Holder

As you have probably noticed, this blog isn't only about what I create in my craft room.  I also share with you what I create in my kitchen.  Now, I don't claim to be a very good cook and I am a picky eater but I like sharing with you as I grow in these areas.  This project from my craft room was inspired by my time in the kitchen.

One day I was surfing around blogland and I came across this fabric covered magnetic frame by Artsy Va Va.  In the comments, someone mentioned this being a good idea to hold recipes.  The light bulb above my head went on!  I had a metal book end.



I would love to have a recipe holder.  And at that moment this project was born.



Instead of fabric, I used paper.  I just happened to have a kitchen themed pad of scrapbooking paper.  {How perfect, right?}



I simply cut out what I wanted and adhered with mod podge to the metal book stand.  I then sealed it with a coat of mod podge.



The finishing touch was also covering a magnet.  {Yes, I know.  I did a horrible job of centering Fresh.}



Another easy project completed.  Yeah!

I'm sharing at these parties.

4 comments: