Sunday, September 9, 2012

{Healthy Eating} - Overnight Oats


Do you eat breakfast?  I do.  Every morning.  It is the most important meal of the day after all.

Have you seen this internet phenomenon yet - Overnight Oats?  I didn't join the craze until I found this recipe from Cafe Zupas.

Now I'm hooked with my own version of overnight oats:

1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
dash of cinnamon
fruit
Mix all ingrediants together in a bowl.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  In the morning, remove from refrigerator and top with extra fruit.  Add additional brown sugar as needed.  Enjoy!





I have made it with raspberries, blueberries, cherries and peaches.  I want to try it with apples, raisins, and dates as well.

What I like best about overnight oats is that you can quickly mix it up in the evening and then you just have to take it out of the refrigerator in the morning and enjoy a healthy breakfast.

Make some tonight and tomorrow morning you'll be wondering why you hadn't tried this sooner.  What fruit will you be mixing in your bowl?


No comments:

Post a Comment