Sunday, April 22, 2012

Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars

The craft gods are against me this weekend.  And I guess mother nature is too.  Another gray weekend.  If I can't craft, I would at least like to go for a nice walk.  {Good thing my boss told us to start the weekend early at 4pm on Friday.  I was able to take a nice walk Friday evening.}  As for those craft gods, they apparently have something against spray paint.


Yesterday I tried using the Martha Stewart spray paint kit on a project.  It started out great and I thought, 'Wow, this is awesome!'  But then it stopped working.  And I still had 90% of the project left to finish.  Needless to say, that project is going on the back burner as I figure out a new plan.


This morning I ran to Home Depot to get spray paint for a different project.  I was momentarily confused when the check out clerk asked for my birthdate.  Where was I?  The liquor store?  I didn't realize you have to be 18 to buy spray paint.  She should have been carding me to see if I can work a spray can because I can't get it to work!  {operator error has not been ruled out.}  So, I just gave up.  I might run back over there yet this evening and try to exchange it.  {I think there is a Dairy Queen across the highway.  I deserve a treat.}


Anyway, last weekend I made these delicious Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars from Tracey's Culinary Adventures.  They were pretty easy to make. {although I may or may not have burnt a little of the sugar while making the caramel layer.}  As Tracey mentions in her post, they are similar to a Twix bar.




Lynn's recipe rating [keep or toss]:  Keep {and don't be so stingy on the salt sprinkled on top next time!}


Here are a few other recipes that I pinned and made recently:


Soft Honey Oat Bread by Bakingdom.
Lynn's recipe rating [keep or toss]:  Undecided.  I think I will make it one more time before I decide.  It was good but I'm going to keep trying other breads as well.

Meatball Rolls by She Makes and Bakes.
Lynn's recipe rating [keep or toss]: Toss.  I didn't care for the meatballs and they were a little {just a tiny little bit} pink inside.  I used a tube of Pillsbury pizza crust.  Not worth trying again with homemade pizza dough.  But if you do try this recipe, I would recommend baking them in a bigger dish.


Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment