Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honey Roasted Chicken Salad - Mayo Free

I have never eaten chicken salad in my life.  I don't do mayonnaise.  So when Iowa Girl Eats {blog alert - I love her blog.  I highly recommend adding it to your reading list.}  posted this recipe for honey roasted chicken salad my eyes lit up at the magic words - mayo free!  It uses plain Greek yogurt instead.


I had a couple of small chicken breasts already cooked so I decided this weekend was a perfect time to make this.  I could not find honey-roasted almonds at my Super Target or Cub {Target didn't have any pita bread either.  What's up with that?} so I used roasted salted almonds.  I'm not a big mustard fan so I went light on that - 1 teaspoon - and used a little extra honey.  As usual, I forgot to salt and pepper which was okay because the almonds were pretty salty.




It was delicious!  I enjoyed it with some cherub tomatoes {these guys are so good.} and some Multigrain Pringles.  And a glass of milk of course.



Lynn's recipe rating [keep or toss]:  Keep!!  Go make this now! Or it would be a great summer lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment