Saturday, March 24, 2012

Egg White Omelet with Grape Jelly

This post is for my sister Karen who denies ever putting grape jelly on an omelet.  {Odds that she reads this blog are 50-50.}


Yesterday was Friday.  And it is lent so when I was deciding what to make for dinner I knew it would not be meat.  I knew that I planned to make a dessert today (Saturday) that used four egg yolks.  {I hope to share that with you soon.}  So I was going to have some egg whites - why not make an egg white omelet?


Good
So I separated four eggs, whisked the whites with a little salt and made myself an omelet.  {I don't make omelets often but this is the best looking one I've ever made!  And my first egg white omelet as well.}  I think the best way to eat an omelet is with grape jelly.  {Try it, I'll bet you'll be surprised at how tasty it is.}  I remember eating omelets this way back when I was a kid.  But grape jelly is only for omelets.  I eat scrambled eggs plain which I think is kinda funny because aren't they basically the same thing?

Better
And to complete my breakfast for dinner, I had a cara cara orange, buttered toast {yes that is my homemade bread}, and a glass of milk.

Best
Yummy.

P.S.  Sorry the pictures aren't the best.  I was using my iPhone because I was too lazy {and hungry} to use my regular digital camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment