Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Card

Valentine's Day is right around the corner but there is still time to make your valentine a special handmade card.  I made these cards for my valentines.


Since it is a pretty quick project, I thought I'd try doing my first tutorial.  Please enjoy.

Here is what you need:
  • blank card
  • heart pattern and scissor to cut out (I used my cricut machine to cut out heart)
  • small scrap of fabric
  • sewing machine and thread
  • stamp and ink pad
  • marker
  • cardstock
  • small piece of batting
  • glue




Start by cutting out a heart shape from the blank card.  I used my cricut machine but if you don’t have one just trace a heart on the card and use scissors to cut it out.


Take the fabric scrap, put on the back side of the card, and stitch around using a sewing machine.


Stamp a message on the card.  I used a Happy Valentine’s Day stamp with red ink.


Color around the border with a marker.


To finish the card I added a little batting to give some body to the heart.  Lay a piece of batting cut into the heart shape onto the back of the heart.  The final step is to cover the back.  Cut out a piece of cardstock just a little smaller than the card and glue onto the back, over the batting.

Ta Da!











No comments:

Post a Comment