Saturday, February 4, 2012

Padded iPad Case

I got an iPad2 for Christmas and I love it.  But it was missing something.  It was missing a perfect case for storage.  Of course my first thought was that I would make this perfect little case.  But how?  Etsy was my first source to search and I did find some nice patterns there but nothing really got me overly excited.  So I headed over to google and after a couple of days, I found just what I was looking for on the Polka Dot Chair Blog.

It was perfect and so pretty.  I couldn't wait to go to the fabric store and pick out fabric and ribbon.  However, before I could make it to the fabric store, I decided that I should and could make it from my fabric stash at home. And as Barney Stinson would say - Challenge Accepted!


With one exception and a substitution or two, I am very, very happy with my new iPad case.  It was a pretty quick sew which was great.

Now about that exception.  I had to buy a zipper.  I'm not a big fan of sewing zippers but I overlooked that for this project because I thought the zippered pouch was a great part of this case.


As for those other substitutions - I have several yards of flannel from an aborted quilt backing project so I used that instead of Minke for the lining.  The color is burgundy but I was going for function more than color coordination especially since it's on the inside.  The pattern called for auto liner 1/4" foam which I did not have.  Instead, I used polar fleece, which I have a tub full of.  While my fabric stash is bountiful, my ribbon stash is not.  So, I did not add any ribbon embellishments.



And now my iPad is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment